Friday, March 23, 2018

Media Drama and another Change of Plans

Today, I received a text from my classroom peer, (the guy who created the comedy story for me) saying that he and his partner changed their story to his idea about the gas station comedy. He tells me that he and his partner already created a storyboard and are ready to launch the movie. Basically, he is saying that he wants to use the idea that he gave me for the film, leaving me no other choice but to change my story AGAIN because that was his idea for the comedy. 

Yes, I am frustrated and nervous now because I was already planning to film this weekend for the movie! But now I cannot because my undecisive peer decides last minute to use that idea that he lend me. And, I cannot go back to my other movie idea because it did not do well in my peer ratings and critics. So now I have to make a new plan from scratch, leaving me in a position behind everyone in this project.

I knew I was going to encounter some small dilemma in my filming or editing process, but I was not expecting to struggle so much with finding the idea for the film. I am now left back at step one; thinking of another freaking movie plan! I would want to use a suspenseful or comedy theme for the film because I already did my research on those topics. But I must hurry, I do not have a lot of time to sit around and wonder, I must ask quick and execute a great plan.

So, tomorrow, I WILL present to you my FINAL movie idea, and this time, the movie idea will NOT be changed again, I have no more room for error! To give me a small foundation for thinking, I've always loved the feel, vibe, and theme of the famous Netflix series "Stranger Things." I want to make a film similar to the feeling of Stranger Things, obviously not copying the plot of the series. I want to incorporate in my film a similar soundtrack that the producers used for the series and the intro title sequence; very retro, 80's-90's themed and suspenseful.

Stay tuned for the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment