Saturday, March 10, 2018

That Sound

My next step to creating my movie is using the right sound choices. After some research, I found an article that talks about Christopher Nolans excellent use of sound in his films. In Nolan's films, he uses sound effects that are incredibly intense and nerve-racking. For example, in some of Nolan's movies like "Dunkirk" and "Interstellar," he uses many sound effects that start off with a deep tone, and increase slowly. Then the sound starts to rise in tone, and it seems like it will eventually end, but it continues to play, making the audience feel uncomfortable, anxious, and nervous. Nolan does this to create the sense that the film's plot cannot be resolved.

In my movie, I want to have a similar sound effect. I want my audience to feel as if they are right there in the setting too. I want them to feel sinister, anxious, and intrigued. I would prefer this sound effect to come up when the conflict starts to rise, making the viewer want to continue watching and interested.

Estes, A. C. (2017, July 27). The Uncanny Sound Illusion That Creates Suspense in Christopher Nolan's Movies . Retrieved March 10, 2018, from https://sploid.gizmodo.com/the-uncanny-sound-illusion-that-creates-suspense-in-chr-1797295094

No comments:

Post a Comment