Sunday, March 18, 2018

The New Idea

Last media class, my teacher put us students in groups to discuss each of our plans and ideas for the project. When I pitched my movie idea to them, they gave me substantial feedback. They thought my film idea was uninteresting, hard to follow, strange, and they felt the story itself was pointless, and it leads to nowhere. Many of their opinions I agreed with, others I did not. Overall, my idea was not the best! One of the group members recommended me to change my story entirely to a comedy. He even gave me an excellent idea for a story! It goes like this:

The story starts off with an establishing shot of a gas station. The next cut shows a mini mom van pulling up to the gas station very wobbly. The car stops violently. There are a couple of kids in the car. The boy's outfits are hideous and awkwardly worn. The boys start to argue " you go in!" "no, you go in!" then they all point to Steve, the main character, "Steve you're going!" Steve says "Oh shit not again, why do we have to do this?" One of the kids says " Brian said that we could only come to his party if we either brought girls or booze and we all aren't friends with any girls!" Steve says "FINE" and comes out of the car.

Shaking and strolling, he approaches the gas station door and turns around to the car. All the boys are looking at him and waving at him to go inside. Steve walks inside. He nervously grabs a bottle and puts it on the counter.
 The cashier says "Is this all?"
"Yes sir," Says Steve
" I need to see some Identification."
Steve pulls out a piece of paper that says in crayon, "My name is Tyron Tyrone, I am 32" with a picture of a big and boeuf black man (Steve is white, short, and skinny)
" Is this you, Tyrone Tyrone?" asks the cashier
Steve, with his eyes wide open and in a squeaky voice says "Yes sir."
The cashier looks at it carefully, compares Steve to the picture in the ID and says
"Ok, that would be $17.38."
Steve gives him a $20
Then the cashier takes a look at the bottom of the ID, which reads "Organ Donar: Sometimes ;)"
"Wait a second; you're not an organ donor!"
Steve yells "SHIT" grabs the booze and runs out the door.

The cashier starts to chase him. All of Steves friends are waiting and yelling for him to jump into the car. As Steve is running to the car, there is a freeze frame of him running and the cashier chasing him. Then the title of the film comes up "The Boys." The following scenes are of many freeze frames of the chapters helping Steve get in, and with every freeze frame, the name will appear at the bottom of the screen.

After they leave the gas station, there's an establishing shot of a house. The next shot is of the boys in the house in a circle, surrounding the bottle of alcohol. One boy grabs the bottle and reads the bottle label "Dude there's 4% alcohol, were gonna get so fucked up with this!" Another boy says "Heck yeah we are!" Then Steve says "Guys we have a problem, the party is at 10 pm, my mom won't let me out at that time," Another boy says "Same!" Then Steve says "guys; I have an idea, were all going to have to sneak out!" Then the film stops there!

Overall, I think that his idea if funny and interesting to film about, I will need to do some reaserch on comedy movies before I start filming!

No comments:

Post a Comment